Friday, October 19, 2007

Waffles for Tyler, Kudos for Ben

I'm waffling, as they say, about my decision to come clean with my doc today. Mom says I ought not to burn that bridge until I have another doctor, that I have to have a doctor in case something comes up. It's a valid concern. I don't know. It's so hard! I'm so loathe to hurt the doc's feelings, because I do feel she cares about my care. So I'm going to be a little wimpy and say it's because I don't want to go to West Sub and not her fault, altho I will be honest about how I felt my delivery of Tyler went badly under the care of her practice w/ the other doctors on call. They have to learn from this after all. She's not going to be happy. Why would she be? It's like a break-up, and I always hated hurting others or confrontations. Ben is sweet and says he'll tell her for me, but if I'm considering returning to her as my future Ob/Gyn, I want to "do right" by her, whatever that means. But I may not tell her today. I'm still going and getting my glucose test.

This morning Ben tested his fasting blood glucose after I did mine. He wants to be in sympathy with my plight of pricking fingers. I think it's sweet. Anyway, he had trouble getting the hang of it and pricked his fingers four times before he could get it all to work! I'd say "poor thing" but he says it never hurt (I don't know how) and he had fun with it. What a guy.

Also, kudos to Ben from the registration clerk at Prentice. I gave his name as my emergency contact and she sent a message to him that she's impressed that he took the whole hyphenated name just like me. She says, "go women's lib!" I thought that was really nice.

No comments: