Monday, October 15, 2007

Approved for "Consultation"

I got news that I am approved to visit with a doctor at Prentice, and was given a most inconvenient time for an appointment Monday the 22nd at 8:30 a.m. Of course I totally took the appointment. It's just a "consultation" to see if we're a good fit. I hear this approval process is normal for getting a doctor so late in a pregnancy (thanks, Holli!) Will bring the whole family! Wish me luck!

In the meantime, this Friday I am going to meet once more with my usual doctor and spill the beans about my decision to change. I want to be honest with her, I like her, and she's been concerned about me and today called me to check on me. I don't know how she'll feel about my decision, it must be something she deals with in her professional life. Again, wish me luck. I have so much anxiety about this. Am I doing the right thing? Am I handling this the right way? Am I going to get the experience I want at Prentice? It will certainly be different. Will my current doctor be angry, and can/should I go back to her as a regular Ob/Gyn later?

Also I'm getting a 28-week glucose test on Friday. I don't want to put that off. The ultrasound follow-up I thought I'd leave to the new doc, but again, am I doing the right thing, there? Is it dangerous to wait? I just don't know. I feel so unmoored.

No comments: