Saturday, October 27, 2007

Political Rally Tests Limits

Went to a politial rally on Saturday, as part of a number of nation-wide, simultaneous rallies and marches to end the war in Iraq and bring the troops home. I took Tyler on the train into Chicago with my friend Alice and we met up with Ben (despite a crowd of thousands) at Federal Plaza. Tyler and I pointed out the stars on the policemen's uniforms and got some guarded smiles and waves even tho they were trying to look tough, and it was cute to see them crack their blank cop-faces with irrisistable half-grins at Tyler. (They were scary, with swat-team accessories, but Tyler doesn't know that.) Ben went to the early rally (Tyler's naptime) then the long march to the second rally point. I'm glad I skipped it. The short walk to the train station, up and down stairs and ramps, and standing around the rally was a challenge for me. By the end of the trip I was stopping every 10 feet to relax a braxton-hicks contraction. Those are constantly happening now. I feel like I could go anytime, tho I'm sure that's not going to happen.

No comments: