Monday, October 1, 2007

Something Nice To Distract From The Nightmare

I nice moment yesterday afternoon: I watched Tyler on my own while Ben went door to door to get signatures on his Al Gore petition. I decided Tyler could open his last birthday present, this one from the boy next door. It was a set of 5 matchbox-car trucks, including a street cleaner, a snow plow, a garbage truck, a sanitation/water truck, and an asphalt road roller. He was pretty excited--his first small matchbox trucks! He also liked the froggy card w/ eyes that wiggle when you shake the card. After a snack where Tyler tried to feed cottage cheese to the garbage truck, I was tired and laid down on the couch. Tyler, who likes company, came over and lined the trucks up on my round tummy. Some of them would slide off sometimes. The trucks went "vroom vroom vroom" down my legs. Then Tyler crawled up (which involved much poking of the baby, who kicked back!) and laid down alongside me, with big grins to me and pronouncements about "stumby" (his nickname for the baby/my tummy) and the various trucks and, one of his top subjects, our eyes. If he weren't such a wiggle worm I would gladly have had him there with me always.

No comments: