Friday, October 19, 2007

Dreaming of Salsa

Last night I dreamt that I was meeting with other polical operatives--I was one for Hillary--in a hotel room for a pow wow, during a convention, and Hillary came and gave us a pep talk, then rode away on a horse like some kind of western hero, and there was a fantastic spread laid out for us. I was just as pregnant in the dream as I am right now. There were two trays, big ones, and the center had 4 kinds of salsa from hot to mild, and around the outside there were chips, beans, fried plantains, and potato stuffed tamales like at the New Rebozo, my favorite Mexican restaurant. The tray was this nice black tray with angled edges, with inner trays laid in also black with the same edges. I was ga ga about the food, especially the mild salsa made of fresh tomatoes, onions, and cilantro (just like my brother makes by hand) and I couldn't get enuf. It was so yummy! So, get this. There were two guys and a gal, and the beefy jock type guy decides to take a shower, and the other guy, who is actually an actor but I can't remember his name, and the gal turn their backs. So, one tray is empty, and I have to leave. So I totally stole the other tray, and went waddling as fast as my pregnant body would let me balancing this unweildy tray, through the hotel, through the conference, and got a far as the pool outside before they caught me! They were saying "I can't believe she stole the tray! I can't believe it! She stole the tray!" And the gal ran me down (she was a little, athletic thing) and tackled me out by the pool! I was so embarassed. But man, I wanted all the salsa and other goodies to myself. I was feeling really insane about it. Like I was driven to it. I had salsa on the brain. When I woke up, I could smell and taste the salsa! I'm going to try to talk Ben into going out to New Rebozo tonight. Wish me luck!

No comments: