Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Hate Being Sick

Have I mentioned I hate being sick??? How much credit can I get toward complaining? I coughed all night and woke up with a head-splitter of an ache cutting through my left eye, left temple, over my skull and down into my neck on the left. My teeth ache from all the cough drops. Being sick means more smells bother me again and I'm neaseaus more often. Imagine what gagging does to my headache and throat. Imagine what all the coughing is doing to my nightly heartburn. When laying down, when I cough I can feel my pelvis bones, which are loose, move against each other in a creepy way. The only way to keep them still, and prevent a painful pull on the stretched muscles in my groin/lower abdomen, is to tuck up my legs against my belly whenever I cough at night. I can't take anything and the little bit that they allow me doesn't do a thing. (Ben ran out twice to get me things, giving up dinner and going again in the middle of the night. I can't bear to tell him he went to all that effort and it's not working.) I'm at work today and people keep asking if I'm better. That would be a big "NO." Why do they ask? I have now used up all of my PTO days and am eating into unpaid days. This s-u-c-k-s.

P.S. My mom and dad have the same thing. Ben seems all better. Tyler is a trooper and tho he coughs, seems better than all of us. Certainly more cheerful despite having a zombie for a mommy.

P.P.S. And it really s-u-c-k-s that I don't have any friends who can come over and help at a moment's notice.

P.P.P.S. And poor Tyler has chosen now as the time to strike out on his own and sit in his own chair for a bedtime story and sleep in his toddler bed on his own. But he needs a lot of reassurance. I'm so worried I'm falling short of what he needs!

P.P.P.P.S. And when on earth am I going to be able to get Tyler some snow boots?

No comments: