Saturday, December 22, 2007

Contractions for Solstice

Solstice was a nice family affair with gifts exchanged between just me, Ben, and Tyler. We gave Tyle a doll and stroller, and he buzzed around with the stroller calling out "crazy driver! crazy driver!" It doesn't have a name yet, just "Tyler's baby." I'm hoping the baby will help him when I bring a real new baby home soon! (Since then, Nana has taught him how to hold baby doll properly, which is sweet.) He also got a digger, specifically the big backhoe from Bob the Builder called Scoop, which was a huge hit. Ben managed to surprise me with a new Tori Amos album, I don't know how he got that past me, I'm a big fan. Guess saying I've been distracted is an understatement! Plus he burned a disk of demos, soundtrack tracks and unreleased stuff I also didn't have. I got him a couple DVDs from the new MST3K-originated The Film Crew, and we settled in for the incredibly hilarious Wild Women of Wongo. Which, by the way, was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long, long time!

Contractions started as we put Tyler to bed, maybe 8:30, and went thru the movie to past midnight. They were more painful that the last ones, kept me awake, and lasted 30 to 45 seconds, with a few up to a minute long, and came regularly but erratically, a few minutes apart at most. But they eventually died away on their own, and I got a good night's rest. I hope very much that I got another couple centimeters out of this work--this is hard work!

No comments: