Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pregnancy Brain

I just realized that my shirt has been inside-out all day! Here I am thinking "I thought this top was prettier than this . . ." By 3 p.m. I finally realized the hem is on the outside, tag outside, embroidery on the inside itching me all day . . . so THAT's what that was! Do you think I can claim to be doing the Britney Speers look? LOL

Other "Pregnancy Brain" symptoms:

* Forgetting to put on any makeup or brush my hair

* Totally forgetting to feed myself AND my toddler, despite his pestering me to eat various things (which I give to him without question--he got 3 cookies in a row!)

* Completely forgetting what I was saying mid-conversation

* Sitting bewildered wondering what I'm supposed to be doing . . . AT WORK!

* 5 minutes late to regular meetings

* Total feeling of unreality about a project being behind schedule whem I'm usually a task-master about these things

* Going out to the car for lunch and having to turn around and go back inside for my car keys. Repeatedly.

* Not just mispellings in e-mail, but entirely wrong words

* Disappointed there are no cookies left in the "food cube" only to discover a cookie I'd left in plain sight on my desk an hour later

* Neglecting to clean up after Tyler's dinner, leaving messy bibs and placements and baby plates for Ben to find in odd places around the kitchen and dining room, sippy cup wherever Tyler left it with his toys . . .

* Having difficulty concentrating on what other people are saying, and asking them to repeat things. Even when I asked them to tell me stuff. Even my own mother!

* Mood swings. Sudden fits of rage at Ben, or at inanimate objects

* Crying at parts in stories or movies that are actually supposed to be funny

* Desperate to call people, then in a panic to get off the phone

* Falling asleep everywhere

* Have to clear my head of fuzz and think hard a lot

* Having difficulty coming up with this list! This was hard work!

No comments: