Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dizzy Spell - Suspect Gestational Diabetes Is Back

Full blown dizzy spell this afternoon, a super-nice coworker (she is so sweet to me) helped me sit on the couch in the ladies room. I strongly suspect I have to give up my afternoon strawberry smoothies from Panera. I'm addicted, so I want to figure out how to make a sugar-free version, AND how to do it at work. So now I'm 14 weeks and this was when it hit me last time, well, I think so anyway. But I think the gestational diabetes is back and this was a reaction to the sugar. The crashes last several afternoons might even be from Panera bread. (Have I mentioned this baby wants all Panera, unlike Tyler, who was all Jimmy Johns?) I'm calling my doc to get tested ASAP officially for GD, and will put in the new batteries in my home blood tester and start with the food diaries. I was hoping to put this off for longer. See above comment on the strawberry smoothies!

No comments: