Sunday, June 3, 2007

Zoo Outing w/ "Moms & Dads of a Different Kind"

Sunday was slightly better than Saturday. Even tho feeling sick, (while M&M napped) Ben and I kept a date with our new parent's group, Moms and Dads of a Different Kind (on MeetUp) which I help my friend Michelle organize (not that I'm much help--she does all the work!). We have members who do Attachment Parenting, cloth diapers, organics, vegetarians, two mommies/two daddies, Pagans and Unitarians and Atheists. It makes for a really nice group of open-minded people who sharing parenting advice and enjoy getting out of the house with similar people, all wrangling our kids and trying to talk. Today was a zoo trip to Brookfield Zoo. It was great seeing everybody. Both Malachi and Tyler fell and skinned their knees, on top of healing knees that were already skinned before! I discovered that Amanda is also pregnant, and tho she's much further along than me, she is still quesy and also hungry and I have a great time talking to her about it, comparing cravings and sickness habits and smells we don't like and stories about weird boob pain! Ha ha, but true. I had to leave early as I became overheated and desperately nauseus all of a sudden. It's hard to predict how much energy I've got in me before I lose it. Maybe with practice. Despite how sick I am, I will try to continue to participate in this group. Parenting, especially if you're doing it differently from the mainstream, can be very lonely. It's great to have a group like this and I'm so, so, so grateful to Michelle for all the work she does nurturing it!

No comments: