Monday, June 4, 2007

Moms Are Wonderful

Today has been the worst day yet. I haven't kept anything down at all, and I'm sure I grossed coworkers out in the bathroom during the day. I wonder if they know it was me in there. Anyway, Mondays are my mom's day to come take care of Tyler, and she stayed late to take care of me and Tyler after I got home and was immediately sick again. She made plain wild rice with butter, which so far I am keeping down (I insist that I do!), and when I refused onions she cooked up some red beans with cubed apples in a little apple juice and, with the rice, was a great way to get some protein and carbs into my system. Thank you, Mom!!! I am done with salads for the time being (nothing like losing lunch to turn you off of something) so I emptied my crisper and sent it home w/ Mom--brand new lettuce, onions, celery (ick!), Feta cheese (which I can't have), etc etc. Even being near the crisper and fridge was a little dodgy! She gave Tyle a bath and got him in his jammies and let me read him his night night book before bed. Aren't moms wonderful? I felt really cared for and taken care of. I also felt guilty that she missed her book group. I kept getting up and trying to do things, then needing suddenly to sit down and be very, very still. I love my mom. I wish she could move in. I told her she should get a bungalow down the street!

No comments: