Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pelvic Shift

Last night Ben worked the evening shift and I was on my own. Contractions hit around 8, just before Tyler's bedtime, then suddenly my pelvis seemed to pinch on the left back side and shoot pains down to my knee. It was incredible, and I let Tyler stay up until Ben got home. I hobbled upstairs when poor tired Tyler wanted to go up and get his blankie and paci, a sure sign he's ready for bed. But I could not manage to change his diaper and he laid on his toddler bed fully dressed. I took of his shoes from my vantage point of the blue chair next to the bed, but that's all. He climbed on me for a story and the pain brought tears to my eyes. I love him so much and it's so hard to not be able to do something for him or nurture him when he's feeling affectionate like that, it broke my heart. I called Daddy-o to ask him to come home on time and tell him Tyler would still be up, and Ben was welcomed by a Tyler-monkey with arms and legs both! It was very sweet, and I was sad and grateful. Tyler is such a sweet boy, and Ben such a good, loving dad. I'm lucky.

I asked Ben for a lower back/pelvis massage. And this is very cool: He could feel the baby's head! He was kind of freaked a bit, and so was very gentle. He's like, is that the head? What is this? This wasn't here last time I gave you a massage (that morning!) there. Ben is excellent at the massage! This morning he even added positive statements in a relaxing voice, at it was really really cool.

No comments: