Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Final Countdown

Well, I'm scheduled to induce tomorrow at the crack of dawn. I asked if I could make it later than 6:30 but they told me the hospital is booked and I was lucky I didn't get 3 a.m.! Sheesh.

Anyway, 6:30 makes getting Tyler to day-care in the morning kindof difficult. Especially since Alice has a new skin condition (hives) and can't help out like she originally thought she could. Which I hate to admit is a disappointment; I'm sure I'm much too sensitive these days and wish I had more help. So my mom says she'll spend the night tonight and get Tyler fed and transferred in the morning. Then I don't know, guess she'll hang out or something? Or visit the hospital maybe, I don't know.

Will call Tanya tonight and come up with a game plan for the morning. I do wish I could go into labor naturally, you know? Seems like it's happening, just very slowly. And it's true I'm anxious to have the baby! But still. The gender is a surprise, the name will be a surprise, why not the birth day itself? Or, it would be cool to have it be the 10th since Tyler was born on a 10th, if we're picking days. Or go today, the 8th, which is Elvis's and David Bowie's birthday. Then I also think to myself, that originally the 9th was one of the due dates when the date was originally disputed at the first doctor's, before the 13th week ultrasound settled it on the 7th. So, does that mean the 9th is destined? Or does that mean we ought to count the 9th too soon and give it more time? I don't know. I'm overthinking this. I'm happy to get the doctor I want at least. And you never know how long the labor will take! Might not actually come on the 9th after all! But I don't believe that, not really.

I am still crampy and getting mild contractions from the exam earlier today. It's common for early labor to carry on evenings then fade the next morning. It would be way cool to show up in the morning already in labor. I'll see if I can't will labor to start with the power of my mind, ha ha... Well, you never know!

Well, this is my last post I believe, until I give birth and post a narrative about the experience afterward. Which is what I plan to do. Until then...

Wish me luck!

No comments: