Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No Progress At Latest Dr. Visit

Still at 2 cm dilation and 75% effacement. "About the same," according the Dr. Halpern, Dr. Arof's associate while he's on vacation.

Tried to talk to him about the doula but he doesn't seem as supportive as Dr. Arof is. I really hope we get Dr. Arof for the birth. Halpern wasn't responsive about me coming in more during active labor and gave me the same-old about 45 second long contractions 3 minutes apart. Remember my Solstice contractions? That's what they were, and they were more than 3 hours worth, then went away. By that calculation, I would have gone in to the hospital and, what? I don't know. Been sent home? Been put on petosin? I don't know. And Halpern seemed less supportive of the doula being an R.N. and told me "she's not a midwife, she's just a support during labor." It was kind of disappointing. I miss Arof.

I'm so tired!

No comments: