Monday, September 24, 2007

Rush the Smelling Salts

Well yesterday I had a scare when my heart started pounding and refused to stop, and I got dizzy. It would get a little better and then come back. Hit me in the late afternoon and went all night, and it was uncomfortable. Thought about the ER, even! Read up on preeclampsia for a good scare in the What To Expect book, and blamed my blood pressure.

Course I rush to the doctor's today and they tell me my bp is normal! Sheesh. (I mean, it's a little high but with the medication I'm taking, Aldomet, it's normal.) It's still going on today, of course. They say it's because my blood has doubled by now and some pregnancies you can feel it like this, almost like heart palpitations, they say. And yes, that's what it feels like. And when you lie still, you can feel the blood rushing thru your body.

What to do to alleviate this? Drink more water. Stand up slowly, don't rush around. Be very very strict with caffeine and salt. That's about it.

I'm not pleased but their descriptions fit what I'm feeling. I wish I had more comfort measures for this!

No comments: